My Shop Assist (MSA)
My Shop Assist is Trackspec Autosports' new shop management software that allows customers to check the status of their cars, view photos and notes from technicians, view work history, and authorize new work. Customers may log on at any time to view past* and current jobs.
*You will only see work orders from April 24, 2018 and later. To view work orders from Trackspec before April 24, 2018, contact us at email@example.com.
- Go here: https://www.myshopassist.com/Login?r=/Customer/JobList
- Bookmark link for future reference.
- Click the green button that says, Are you a first time user? "Click here"
- Enter your email address. You must use the same email address you provided to Trackspec when you signed in. If you want to change this, let us know.
- Create password.
View Work History
Once you log on, you will be able to view your entire work history at Trackspec (after April 24, 2018**).
**To view work orders from Trackspec before April 24, 2018, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View Status of Work
Each time you come in to Trackspec and have work done, that is a "job." The gray jobs are jobs that have been completed (past services). The white jobs are those that are scheduled or currently being worked on.
Click on "View Job" to see the status of the services being performed to your car.
Once you click the blue button that says "View Job," you will be taken to that specific work order.
Within each Job are the specific tasks that you requested to be performed.
Your car information will be at the top. Parts will be on the right.
Under the task name, you will see "Status." It will either say "New" or "Completed," depending on what the tech has already completed. Also, gray tasks are those that the techs have finished. White tasks are those tasks that are either in progress or not started.
Under the status, it says "Technician." This is the name of the technician that has been assigned to this specific task.
Under technician will show the default description of the task.
Technician On-The-Job Notes
Under the description of the task, you may (but not always) see notes with dates next to it. These are notes that the tech typed that are specific to the task being performed during the service on your car.
Technician On-The-Job Photos
If the blue "Photos + Files" button has a green indicator with a number, that means the tech has uploaded photos regarding a specific task.
Click the button to show the photos. Click the photo thumbnail to view entire pic.
If you get an email that says "Authorization Requested by Trackspec Autosports," this means that Trackspec techs are showing you the price of the current work order and need you to approve before work is started.
You can either click the link in the email, or just go to your portal with the bookmarked link above.
For the job that says Authorization Required in red, click "View Job."
Then click the red bar.
Review the pricing on the work order.
The Y on the right means the part is taxed. Fees like shipping or hazardous waste will say "N" which means Not Taxed.
Scroll all the way to the bottom. Sign using a mouse, or if you are viewing with a phone/tablet, sign using your finger. Then press the green button "Authorize."
Email Status Updates
MSA makes it super easy for TS staff to send you updates.
If you receive an email with the subject, "Update on your job from Trackspec Autosports," this means that Trackspec staff is either:
- Telling you your car is done.
- Just sending you an update.
- Asking you a question.
If TS staff needs to say something to you, it will be at the very top of the message. The rest of the email is a basic summary of which tasks are completed, which are not completed, and which parts we are providing (all information that is shown on your customer portal as well.)
- How can I don't see the pricing on the Customer Portal? As of now, the only way you can view pricing is if TS staff "requests authorization" or sends you an estimate. We recommend when you fill out our WAF, you may mark "I request a written estimate." That is when Trackspec will either send you a Request Authorization link via MSA, or print your estimate and have you sign it in person.
- How come some tasks show the time the tech has spent on the task, but others don't show this? Some tasks are designated as a flat-rate price, and for these tasks, you will not see a timer. For jobs that we mark as hourly, you will see how much time the tech has spent and be charged accordingly (e.g. Diagnostics, welding, and highly custom tasks are usually charged hourly).
Email email@example.com if you have any other questions!